AFM pinball Ffej Knar and Trailer Tom play field swap
Ffej Knar installed a brand new play field on an Attack from Mars pinball machine and Trailer Tom and Ffej Knar had to test out the game to make sure the intall happened properly.
The “new” game played super fast. Outlanes were set to wide and tilt was set to sneeze type steez.
The entire play field swap took a couple weeks time and a lot of hard work in the shop at The Rick Stetta Ranch Estates at Farmers Korner.
The new play field made it seem like we traveled back in
time to 1995
In this game, Martians began to invade the Earth, and it’s up to the player to destroy the Martian fleet, save all the major cities, and then head off to Mars to destroy the Martian empire and conquer Mars.
Among the game’s noted features include four dancing Martian figures and a strobe light for Strobe Multiball.
- Super Jets: You have to score a certain amount of hits on the pop bumpers to light Super Jets (worth 3 million points per hit).
- 5-Way Combo: During regular gameplay, you have to make consecutive shots at any lit loops or ramps to score a combo, before the lights go out.
- Super Jackpot: During regular multiball, score all five jackpot shots with at least two balls in play to light the Super Jackpot, which continusly roves at any of the five jackpot shots.
- Martian Multiball: Successfully kill all four Martians during “Martian Attack”, and a second ball is launched into play for Martian Multiball.
- Total Annihilation: Clear the left and right loops, as well as the left and right ramps, for Total Annihilation Multiball, a four-ball multiball.
- Conquer Mars: Defend all the major cities, and then you head off to Mars to confront the Martian Empire.
When all six of these objectives are met, shoot the “Stroke of Luck” scoop to start Rule the Universe, a four-ball wizard mode. In this mode, everything is lit, and the objective is to score 5 billion points with at least two balls in play, and if you succeed, you will score an extra 5 billion points.